August 1, 2017
It's the DCDL Day at the Ballpark tomorrow, August 2! That means that many of our young DCDL readers are invited to unite at Huntington Park to watch the Clippers take on the Indianapolis Indians at 7:05 p.m.
But what does a Day at the Ballpark entail? Here are the deets!
- Early arrival: Gates open at 5:30 p.m.
- Parade around the warming track: Begins at 6:15 p.m. Have interested DCDL readers meet behind section 23 as soon as they arrive to be there for the parade.
- First pitch: Lucky reader 9-year-old Ava will be throwing the first pitch of the game at 7:05 p.m. Her name was randomly drawn from the completed 12-hour Read-on BINGO cards. She is an Orange Branch patron, and she is VERY excited.
- Mascots: Lou Seal and Krash will be visiting the DCDL readers at our seats during the game.
- Seating: Tickets were purchased in advance at $5 for seats in the bleacher section. Families purchasing that night can request at the main Ticket Office to be seated in the bleachers to join us.
- Kids Eat Free Night: Wednesday night is Kids Eat Free night at the ballpark! That means that kids 12 and under can customize their own meal and choose from a hot dog or PB&J, with a bag of chips or granola bar, and a jr. fountain drink or bottle of water. To receive food vouchers, families must go to the AAA Ohio Auto Club Guest Services Booth or the Advanced Ticket Booth. Children must be accompanied by an adult and show their game ticket.
We've got at least 125 DCDL readers and their families who are attending. It should be a beautiful night. See you there!